Open Contract for the provision of Online language courses
The White Apple Company Ltd, registered in England and Wales (Registration number 06995428), registered address International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London EC1A 2BNA, to the person of Mrs Dasha White, hereinafter referred to as the Company, engages in contract to conduct online language courses, to individual and corporate clients (hereinafter – the Customer) and publishes at thewhiteapplecompany.com
1. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
Definitions are treated according to their nature and content of this Contract. Below is a list of these definitions :
1.1. Services – Online language courses via Skype or Virtual Classroom
1.2. Lessons – Duration of a single sessions on Skype is 25 minutes, double lesson is 50 minutes, triple lesson 75 minutes. Duration of the lessons in the Virtual Classroom is subject to the Customer’s requirements
2 . ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT
2.1. The text of the Contract is an open public offer
2.2. Acceptance by the Customer of this Contract means that they fully agreed with all the terms of this Contract
3 . GENERAL PROVISIONS
3.1. The agreement – the offer does not necessarily require a signature and stamp of the Parties, while maintaining full force and effect
4 . SUBJECT MATTER
4.1. In accordance with the terms of this Contract, the Company agrees to provide services to the Customer in the form of online language courses with the Customer through the Internet, using Skype: http://www.skype.com or Virtual Classroom platform
4.2 Methodology and format of the online courses are determined by the Company, taking into account information provided by the Customer before the payment is made and also during the course of lessons
5 . RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES
The Company is obliged:
5.1. In terms agreed by the Parties to provide services specified in paragraph 4.1 of this contract, to the Customer properly, in accordance with the terms of this Contract
5.2 . Not to disclose confidential information and data provided by the Customer in connection with the execution of this Agreement
The Company has the right to :
5.3. Bring for the execution of this Contract, fully qualified professionals in the areas of knowledge required for the successful implementation of the services
5.4. Require a full payment from the Customer of the cost of the Services in accordance with the terms of this Contract
5.4.1. Company reserves the right to monitor and video/audio record the lessons for training and marketing purposes
The Customer is obliged:
5.5. To pay the Company the cost of services in the manner and within the time limits set by terms and Conditions of this Contract
5.6. To provide the Company with all the information and data necessary to carry out its obligations under this Contract
5.7. Not to disclose confidential information and other data provided by the Company in connection with the execution of this Contract
The Customer has the right to:
5.8. Require the Company to meet its obligations under this Contract in time and with the right quality
5.9 . Refuse to comply with the terms of this Contract in the event that the Company has not commenced the performance of obligations under this Contract
6. TERMS AND TRANSFER OF CLASSES
6.1. The Company conducts online classes via Skype or other reliable platforms in accordance with a timetable that is pre-arranged with the Customer
6.2 . The Customer has the right to postpone their lesson for another time, but is required to notify the Company by email a minimum of two working days before the planned lesson. In this case, the classes are considered postponed and are moved to different time
6.3 . If the Customer is not available to take a Skype call the teacher will remain online and for the following 10 minutes attempt to contact the Customer. If the Customer misses the call or is unavailable the lesson is considered missed at the Customer’s expense
6.4. If at the time of the lesson and up to 10 minutes later the Customer does not receive a call from a teacher, they must immediately contact the Company e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. COST AND PAYMENT
7.1. The cost of services and methods of payment are published online at www.thewhiteapplecompany.com
7.2 . Payment Services under this Contract shall be made on the basis of a full prepayment and in accordance with this Contract, at least 2 working days before a scheduled class
7.3. Money for unused classes may be returned upon written request of the Customer made within one month from the time of their last class taken, less an administration fee GBP 20.00
7.4. Service Fees may vary depending on the market situation and these are reflected in lessons fees and published on the Company’s website. The company cannot change the cost of purchased services for a particular Customer, if they have already accepted the terms of the Company and have made a payment instruction in accordance with this Contract
7.5. The moment of payment is when funds are received by the Company
7.6. The Customer is solely responsible for the accuracy of payments made
7.7. The Customer shall pay for all services necessary for the provision of the Services by the Company
7.8. Bank charges for the transfer of funds are met by the Customer
8. FORCE MAJEURE
8.1. In the event of force majeure (in the interpretation adopted by the Court of Arbitration practice of the Chamber of Commerce) excluding or hindering the implementation of this objective of the Treaty, the Parties shall have no mutual claims, and each party assumes its own risk and the consequences of these circumstances
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
9.1. Disputes and disagreements that may arise in connection with this Contract shall be settled by negotiations between the parties to this Contract. Company aims to provide an efficient service to all Customers and partners in the UK and overseas. If you are unhappy about the standard of service that you have received from us, we would like to hear about it so that we can improve our service in the future.
How to make a complaint:
If it’s connected with your lessons/progress in the course: first, speak to your teacher, explain your concerns and discuss possible solutions. If you’re not happy with the resolution or you would prefer not to contact your teacher, then please refer to the Executive Director. If your complaint is related to payments issued/received or number of lessons attended, please also contact the Executive Director Ruth Martins on email: email@example.com; Skype: ruth.whiteapple; tel: (+44) 3330124185. If you’re still not satisfied with the response you receive, then you can contact the CEO Dasha White email: firstname.lastname@example.org All complaints will receive a reply within 3 working days or less.
10. DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION
Once a Customer has identified the nature of his/her disability, the Company has the responsibility to provide them with reasonable accommodations, to enable them to successfully access their course of choice.
Following an initial consultation with the Executive Director, in which the Customer has the opportunity to discuss their specific needs and requirements, a personalised learning plan is created to include any adjustments necessary to allow the Customer to feel supported and confident in accessing the Company’s services and completing their language course.
Special provisions for Customers with learning disabilities can include extending deadlines, working with the Customer to support them in having access to assistive software and/or matching the Customer with a teacher that has the required knowledge and awareness of that particularly learning difficulty, as well as of the resources available to facilitate the Customer’s progress and development in the course. Course materials may also be designed to accommodate Customers with learning disabilities, e.g software products that read text aloud, for Customers with visual impairments, changes in the graphics and design of the materials to suit the needs of dyslexic students, etc
All efforts will be made, and all resources must be exhausted, by the Company in order to ensure that all Customers have fair an equal opportunities of access to the Company’s services, a clear understanding of the terms and conditions and are treated in a non-discriminatory manner
11. TERM OF THE CONTRACT
11.1. This Treaty – an offer becomes effective upon acceptance by the Customer and shall continue until the Parties fulfil their obligations. The date of acceptance is the date of payment by the Customer for the Company’s services
11.2. This Contract shall remain in force in case of change of details of the parties, changes in their constituent documents, including but not limited to a change of the owner
The White Apple Company Ltd
Mrs Dasha White
International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London, EC1A 2BNA
tel. +44 (0)3330 124185
13 Chapel Street, Stratford on Avon, CV37 6ET, UK
Branch Sort Code 40 43 19
Account Number 22066211
Terms and conditions for English courses in England
1. The course fees and deposit are valid only for the person, course and dates specified on the Enrolment Form.
2. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
3. If you cancel your course before arrival due to visa refusal or you are refused entry to the UK, we shall refund your tuition fees in full minus a £60 cancellation charge and the Registration fee. We need to see the original refusal letter in order to give you a refund. You must apply for a refund within six months of refusal date.
If you cancel your course before arrival for any other reason, no refund or credit will be given.
If you cancel your course after arrival, leave it early, or miss any lessons, no refund or credit will be given, including in case of sickness.
4. The minimum age for General English courses is 16 (except for Junior Summer Course and school group courses in Stratford-upon-Avon, when it is 11). There is no upper age limit.
5. All 3 hours classes include a 15 minute break.
6. All two hour classes include a 10 minute break.
7. General Student Visa (GSV) students are required to attend an additional 1¼ hour Skills Class, at a cost of £10 per week. Days and times to be confirmed on arrival.
8. One-to-One lessons include a 10-minute break if more than one hour is taken at a time.
9. When necessary, we reserve the right to alter the teacher/timetable and/or transfer students from one class or course to another, from one time of study to another, and to merge small classes or cancel classes and courses. Fees may also be subject to change.
10. If you are a complete Beginner in English we may not have a suitable class.
11. Books are not included in the course fees. Students are required to buy their own books at the College at the start of their course (Cost approximately £19 each).
12. There is no reduction in fees where there is a UK public holiday.
13. You are strongly advised to organise medical and cancellation / curtailment insurance before travel.
14. Holidays can be taken by arrangement but we require at least 2 weeks’ notice.
15. You cannot change from a full-time course to a part-time course or One-to-One class.
16. Students whose behaviour prejudices the best interests of the College will be asked to leave before the end of their course and no refund on the course fees will be payable by the College.
17. Junior Summer Course excursions are subject to change at short notice in the event of adverse weather conditions.
18. In arranging English language courses, The White Apple Company is acting as the supplier’s agent.
19. In arranging accommodation, The White Apple Company is acting as the supplier’s agent.
20. The Accommodation Arrangement Fee is non-refundable.
21. The accommodation rent is valid only for the person and dates specified. Any changes of dates must be notified to us in writing or by e-mail at least 2 weeks before the arrival date.
22. We reserve the right to allocate alternative accommodation without prior notification.
23. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain the accommodation address before travelling to the United Kingdom.
24. For Homestay accommodation, two weeks’ rent is non-refundable except in the case of a visa refusal.
25. If students in Homestay wish to leave earlier than the dates they have booked, they must give 7 days’ notice to the host family.
26. We will send you confirmation of your accommodation details after you have paid your full course fees and rent or minimum 2 weeks’ rent, and you have received your visa (if a visa is required)
27. In July and August, the minimum booking period for Homestay is 2 weeks.
28. For Summer residence accommodation, rooms will not be confirmed unless full payment for the stay is received. This fee is non-refundable/transferable under any circumstances.