Live Online Debate Club: English classes that will improve your listening and speaking English skills.
Offering an opinion can be difficult when it is not in your first language. You may know exactly what you want to say in your native tongue, but are unsure of how to express your views in English. You may also worry that your words will not come out properly or that you might hurt someone’s feelings by being too forward. Although it is easier to sit back and say nothing at all, you will become bored or frustrated if all you can do is nod your head yes or shake your head no, especially if you have a strong opinion about something. If you want to improve, the best thing to do is to learn and practise some common expressions that are used in discussions and debates.
Our Debate Club is based on the TED Talks (www.ted.com). These English lessons are very popular with our students, especially as a way of developing conversational English and learning new vocabulary.
- A weblink to the Ted Talk video
- A list of vocabulary from the video to learn and use in the lesson
- Comprehension questions about the video, to answer and discuss in the lesson
After each lesson, your English teacher will be given a composition as homework to consolidate all that you have learned in the lesson. Your teacher will correct your homework and make suggestions as to how you can improve your writing skills.
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework