Our Book Club is a series of online English classes and a great way to develop your reading and speaking skills!
‘Lost in translation!’ – our students often tell us that they feel they miss out on so much when they can’t read the books in their original English version, or how they struggle to make sense of the sentence or the full text when they get stuck on a particular word.
Inspired by our students’ comments, we decided to create a Book Club and give them the opportunity to have the essential support needed in reading and understanding the books in English.
The most popular books so far, in our Book Club, have been everyone’s favourite Sherlock Holmes stories, but we are continuing adding on to our library according to the students’ preferences and requests.
- A PDF file with the story for you to read
- A list of vocabulary from the story to learn and use in the lesson
- Comprehension questions about the story, to answer and discuss in the lesson
During the lesson, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about the story you may have, as well as use the vocabulary that was sent to you. You will be encouraged to contribute to the discussion with your opinions and views on the story, and with your answers to the comprehension questions.
After each lesson, your English teacher will be given a composition as homework to consolidate all that you have learned in the lesson. Your teacher will correct your homework and make suggestions as to how you can improve your writing skills.
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework