Book Club: online English lessons as a great way to develop your reading and speaking skills!
‘Lost in translation!’ – our students often tell us that they feel they miss out on so much when they can’t read the books in their original English version, or how they struggle to make sense of the sentence or the full text when they get stuck on a particular word.
Inspired by our students’ comments, we decided to create a Book Club and give them the opportunity to have the essential support needed in reading and understanding the books in English.
The most popular books so far, in our Book Club, have been everyone’s favourite Sherlock Holmes stories, but we are continuing to add on to our library according to the students’ preferences and requests.
- A PDF file with the story for you to read
- A list of vocabulary from the story to learn and use in the lesson
- Comprehension questions about the story, to answer and discuss in the lesson
During the lesson, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about the story you may have, as well as use the vocabulary that was sent to you. You will be encouraged to contribute to the discussion with your opinions and views on the story, and with your answers to the comprehension questions.
After each lesson, you will be given a composition as homework to consolidate all that you have learned in the lesson. Your teacher will correct your homework and make suggestions as to how you can improve your writing skills.
About English lessons on Skype:
- All our online British native teachers are fully qualified and highly experienced
- Our lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- Lesson fees: click here
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English Skype lessons
- We will allocate an English teacher to you who will develop your Individual Teaching Plan, teach your classes and make sure you are progressing to your best ability
- We will work very closely with you and you can be assured of an individual approach to your specific learning needs
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- We will conduct mid-course Review Lessons to help you see how your English skills have improved
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- We will regularly send you your Progress Report to set your objectives for the next block of lessons and constructive comments on your progress
- We will issue a Certificate of Attendance that you can proudly show off to your friends and colleagues!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your level assessment
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your homework