Learn English online with a qualified British teacher: improve your Speaking and Writing skills and get the confidence you need to speak English fluently!
This course will enable you to improve your English language skills and help you enhance both your personal and professional skills. You will gain confidence and fluency in the language – whether for leisure, further studies, or business. We teach practical real-life English for real-life situations. Your online English teacher will help you with the effective word choice, vocabulary, idioms, grammar and sentence structure. You will be able to have a good understanding of the rules of English grammar, communicate more clearly and improve your spelling. Your English teacher will also help you strengthen your knowledge of punctuation including commas, colons and apostrophes.
Learning grammar is the foundation of sentence structure, not only in English, but in all languages. Grammar is the way we build our sentences to make them clear and precise, using sound, structure, and a meaning system. These are important patterns to help make the English language consistent and relatable to anyone who wishes to learn and improve their speaking skills. Learning grammar through speaking with a native English teacher will help you establish that pattern, and repair your sentence structures in a world where correct English grammar is sometimes misplaced or misused.
Live Online English Speaking and Writing Skills course is suitable for all levels from Beginner to Advanced, for children or adults.
Would you like to improve your General English skills as well as Business English for work? If so, click here to read more about our CPD accredited “English Speaking and Writing Skills” course for work.
English Speaking and Writing Skills classes:
- Available to individual learners or groups (you need to have at least four people to book a group course)
- Taught online by a qualified native British teacher
- You can book as many group classes as you wish, for fees click here
- CPD accredited course duration: Express Course (20 hours), Full Course (30 hours) or Tailor-Made Course (minimum 20 hours), for fees click here
- 25 min, 50 min or 75 min lessons
- Time and days: to suit your requirements
- Online platform: Virtual English Classroom based on video conferencing technology, or via Skype. Learners can join a class by logging in either as a group or individually from their own computers. We provide full technical support
- You must have a reliable internet connection
- Entry requirements: Beginner and above. Free English placement test is available here
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Teaching materials are based on Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press and custom materials; ted.com and other online resources
- Regular homework assigned and marked by the teacher
- Course Completion Certificate
- Our online teachers are fully qualified and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- How to join a group lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about our teaching platform – it is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining or participating!
Would you like to arrange a free Demo class for your group, or One-to-One Demo lesson? If so, you will
- receive a full Report
- receive your teacher’s recommendations on how to further improve your English level
- receive your overall level assessment
- find out about the materials and lesson formats
- discuss convenient days and time for your classes
*Demo Class lasts 25 minutes
English Speaking and Writing Skills Course content and objectives
Course content is customised to the individual learner/group’s English level.
For example, a typical course content for Level A1 Elementary:
Lesson 1 Vocabulary: Colours. Family. Nationalities. Appearance.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Possessives. Demonstrative pronouns. To be. Have/Has.
Lesson 2 Vocabulary: Time & Dates. Days. Months. Numbers (1-100)
Grammar & Pronunciation: Ordinal Numbers.
Lesson 3 Vocabulary: Daily Routine. Everyday activities.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Present Simple. Prepositions of Time. Object pronouns.
Lesson 4 Vocabulary: Commonly used Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Present Continuous. Present Simple.
Lesson 5 Vocabulary: Habits. Routine. Free time activities.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Adverbs of Frequency. Articles.
Lesson 6 Vocabulary: Daily Activities Phrasal Verbs
Grammar & Pronunciation: Past Simple. Past Continuous. Present Perfect.
Lesson 7 Vocabulary: Types of Homes. Rooms. Furniture.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Countable/Uncountable. Is/Are.
Lesson 8 Vocabulary: Household objects. Household chores. Actions around the house.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Prepositions of Place.
Lesson 9 Vocabulary: The Body. Physical activities. Body Parts.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Adverbs of Manner.
Lesson 10 Vocabulary: Household Chores Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Present Perfect Continuous & Simple.
Lesson 11 Vocabulary: Sports & Activities.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Modals. Ability & Possibility.
Lesson 12 Vocabulary: Food. Drink. Food Groups.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Adverbs of Frequency. Countable/Uncountable nouns.
Lesson 13 Vocabulary: Ordering Food.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Basic Determiners. Requests. Modals.
Lesson 14 Vocabulary: The Body/Sport Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Present Perfect. Past Perfect.
Lesson 15 Vocabulary: Tourism. Countries.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Past Simple.
Lesson 16 Vocabulary: Holidays. Transport.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Discourse Markers. Past Simple Verbs.
Lesson 17 Vocabulary: Jobs. Places of work. Work words.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Wider range of determiners.
Lesson 18 Vocabulary: Food Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Have/Have Got. Used to. Future “Going To”
Lesson 19 Vocabulary: Free Time & Activities. Culture & Entertainment.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Past Simple Negative.
Lesson 20 Vocabulary: Emotions. Feelings. Personality.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Comparative Adjectives.
Lesson 21 Vocabulary: Tourism Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Future Tense, Will/Shall.
Lesson 22 Vocabulary: Places Animals & Insects. The Natural World.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Future (Plans/Intentions)
Lesson 23 Vocabulary: Work Environment Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Modals & Future Tense.
Lesson 24 Vocabulary: Shopping. Shops.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Present Perfect. Yet. Already.
Lesson 25 Vocabulary: Emotions Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Modals.
Lesson 26 Vocabulary: Adverbial Phrases of Frequency.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Adverbial Phrases word order. Intensifiers. -ed -ing adjectives.
Lesson 27 Vocabulary: Weather Phrasal Verbs.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Modals Should/Would
Lesson 28 Vocabulary: Conditional Vocabulary.
Grammar & Pronunciation: Imperatives.
Lesson 29 Vocabulary: Mixed Vocabulary (Low Intermediate Level)
Grammar & Pronunciation: Formations.
Lesson 30 Evaluation Test
English Speaking and Writing Skills Course objectives:
- Revise and practise English skills using essential vocabulary
- Learn the differences between formal and informal English, in greetings and general conversation
- Understand common, essential phrasal verbs and idioms, and how to apply them
- Understand small talk and how to do it
- Learn and practice sentence structure principles
- Learn and practice use of tenses in the Present, Past and Future
- Listen for specific information as well as for the general gist
- Understand the language used in a range of different social situations as well as cultural Dos and Don’ts
- Learn and practise the use of punctuation in writing
- Understand the different structures in pieces of writing and how to use them
- Understand the general layout of a form and how to fill in your personal details
- Learn the language required in persuasive writing
- Learn how to write an effective email
- Understand the use of Formal vs Informal language in writing