Sign up for our live online Legal English course with a qualified British teacher and get the confidence and skills you need to communicate in English fluently!
In today’s globalised marketplace, companies are increasingly working internationally. Exposure to foreign legal systems and legislative processes is becoming commonplace, and international lawyers are now expected to communicate successfully in English using the appropriate legal language and terminology. A lawyer’s ability to understand and communicate complicated legal processes and legislation in English is undoubtably an invaluable skill.
Our live online Legal English lessons with one of our native British teachers will provide you with the set of English language skills you need to succeed as a legal professional. As well as focussing on legal English you will also learn to communicate effectively in both formal and informal situations.
Our online Legal English course will definitely help you become much more confident in communicating in English with your clients and colleagues. It’s specifically designed to help students make progress quickly and combines role-plays and a variety of exercises to provide an engaging, motivating and relevant syllabus. Legal English course will be tailor-made to your specific needs – contact us to discuss your requirements.
All our Online Business English lessons are suitable for all levels from Beginner to Proficient.
You can combine online Legal English lessons with any other areas of interest: Conversational English, General Business English, Pronunciation and Accent Reduction. If you have a specific area you want to work on, your English teacher will prepare and write a course just for YOU – don’t hesitate to ask!
Typically, our online Legal English lessons cover the following topics:
The Practice of law
Company law: company formation and management
Company law: capitalisation
Company law: fundamental changes in a company
Contracts: contract formation
Contracts: assignment and third-party rights
Sale of goods
10. Real property law
11. Intellectual property
12. Negotiable instruments
13. Secured transactions
14. Competition law
Conversational Business English:
• Jobs and responsibilities: job titles and tasks
• Numbers – ordinal and cardinal
• Time – dates, timetables, making appointments and changing appointments
• Everyday conventions: greetings, time-keeping etc
• Telephoning – key phrases; making and receiving a call; taking a message
• Small talk – brief conversations and keeping the conversation going
• Money – types, bills, accounts
• Essential English for business travellers
• Writing memos and e-mails
• Word and sentence stress and intonation
• Structural content / Grammar
• Word order, word building and building longer sentences
• Linking words
• Industry insight and industry related vocabulary
• Common business related idioms
• Intercultural communication
• Social life
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework