Live Online English for Information Technology course with a qualified British teacher: get the confidence and skills you need to communicate in English fluently!
Do you ’speak’ C++ and Java? How about your English? IT professionals and software engineers all over the world need to have a good command of English to be able to collaborate with their colleagues and help their customers. This course develops professional English language skills you will need to work and study in a technological environment. It aims to help you develop a wide variety of relevant subject-specific language skills and to acquire knowledge of computers and IT expertise in English in areas such as: technical support, computer engineering, software design, web design, desktop publishing, computer security, network administration, blog writing and administration.
Our Live Online English for Information Technology course with one of our native British teachers will provide you with the set of English language skills you need to succeed as an IT professional. This course will be tailor-made to your specific needs – contact us to discuss your requirements.
All our Online Business English lessons are suitable for all levels from Beginner to Proficient.
You can combine our English for IT lessons with any other areas of interest: Conversational English, General Business English, Pronunciation and Accent Reduction. If you have a specific area you want to work on, your English teacher will prepare and write a course just for YOU – don’t hesitate to ask!
Typically, our English for IT lessons on Skype cover the following topics:
The workstation, The keyboard, The mouse
Mobile phones and Other devices
Inside a computer
Software: the basics
Problems with software
Conversational Business English:
• Numbers – ordinal and cardinal
• Time – dates, timetables, making appointments and changing appointments
• Everyday conventions: greetings, time-keeping etc
• Telephoning – key phrases; making and receiving a call; taking a message
• Small talk – brief conversations and keeping the conversation going
• Money – types, bills, accounts
• Essential English for business travellers
• Writing memos and e-mails
• Word and sentence stress and intonation
• Structural content / Grammar
• Word order, word building and building longer sentences
• Linking words
• Industry insight and industry related vocabulary
• Common business related idioms
• Intercultural communication
• Social life
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework