Sign up for our live online English for Banking course with one of our qualified British teachers, and get the confidence and skills you need to communicate in English fluently.
If your work in Banking and you need a good level of English to communicate with clients and colleagues, our native British teachers can help you achieve the skills and confidence to communicate more effectively.
English is increasingly the language of communication in today’s global financial market. Our online English for Banking course is ideal for those who require a comprehensive knowledge of the vocabulary of international banking and the world of finance. This intensive course is designed to help you make rapid progress in the specialised area of banking terminology and combines industry related topics, role-plays and a variety of exercises to provide an engaging, motivating and relevant syllabus.
Our live online English for Banking course will be tailor-made to your specific needs but typically it covers how to improve your presentation skills, expand your business vocabulary and be able to communicate in English in the context of banking and finance, with a greater degree of confidence.
All our Online Business English lessons are suitable for all levels from Beginner to Proficient.
You can combine English for Banking lessons with any other areas of interest: Conversational English, General Business English, Pronunciation and Accent Reduction. If you have a specific area you want to work on, your English teacher will prepare and write a course just for YOU – don’t hesitate to ask!
Typically, our online English for Banking course covers the following topics:
• Industry insight and industry related vocabulary
• Personal finance
• Banking products and services
• Jobs in banking
• Daily routines – common activities at work
• Bank transactions
• A career in accountancy
• The economy
• Common business related idioms
• Body language and gestures
• Intercultural Communication
Conversational Business English:
• Jobs and responsibilities: job titles and tasks
• Numbers – ordinal and cardinal
• Time – dates, timetables, making appointments and changing appointments
• Everyday conventions: greetings, time-keeping etc
• Telephoning – key phrases; making and receiving a call; taking a message
• Small talk – brief conversations and keeping the conversation going
• Talking to clients
• Money – types, bills, accounts
• Essential English for business travellers
• Writing memos and e-mails
• Word and sentence stress and intonation
• Structural Content / Grammar
• Word order, word building and building longer sentences
• Linking words
• Social Life
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework